"God Has a Plan to Prosper You"
By Doug Addison
"Prosperity is having the money, the time and the resources to do what God calls you to do, when He calls you to do it." This is my personal definition of prosperity.
God Has Plans to Prosper
"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'" (Jeremiah 29:11 NIV)
You've probably heard this verse before, or maybe even have it on your refrigerator. Did you ever notice that the word prosper is in there? It says that God has a plan to prosper you.
many people have misused this and caused people to look at prosperity in a bad way. But this is the Word of God, and you can count on it to be true!
A Few Words About Money
For many people, it can be hard to see where prosperity fits in right now. There are a lot of difficult situations in our world, and many people are without income or have incredible amounts of debt they are dealing with.
This is not a time to be ashamed though! Instead, be honest with God. There is a way out, and the Lord has a strategy to help you move forward in times like these.
How to Move Forward
"...[T]hat they may be encouraged in heart and united in love, so that they may have the full riches of complete understanding, in order that they may know the mystery of God, namely, Christ, in whom are hidden all
the treasures of wisdom and knowledge." (Colossians 2:2-3 NIV)
1. Find the treasures of Heaven's wisdom and knowledge. This can only be found in the Lord. So, to access prosperity, we must look to the
Lord for solutions and strategies to get there.
2. In order to receive wisdom and knowledge, we need to hear God's voice and understand Him better. When we get aligned with God's wisdom and knowledge,
then we can develop those "ears to hear" what He is saying to us and receive a greater understanding of what He is showing us to do.
3. It's also important to make sure that money doesn't master you. The
Lord will often use money to reveal what's in your heart. So, if you have roots of a poverty mentality or greed, then renounce and break them off in prayer so you can begin to move forward.
You Can Do
You may have heard me talk about putting on your own oxygen mask first. The same idea applies to your financial life. Before you can help someone else, you have to have things positioned and
aligned in your own life.
Here are some ways to do that:
• Learn to hear God's voice.
Use a budget or a spending plan.
• Learn to live within your means.
• Pay off debts and develop savings.
• Develop a lifestyle of earning, giving, saving and spending in
• Do your best at your current job, as if you're doing it for the Lord.
• Update your resume. God is doing new things, so you'll want to be ready.
Reaping Takes Time
"Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up." (Galatians 6:9 NIV)
No doubt, this past year has brought some difficult times! But if you just keep at it as best you can every day, things can really turn around for you. And when that happens, you'll be free to "do what God calls you to do, when He calls you to do
Remember, God has a plan for your life—and it involves prospering you.
By Doug Addison
528 Ellsworth St. SW
Albany, OR 97321